Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Remember

"But this I call to mind, and therefore have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. ...You came near when I called on you; you said, "Do not fear!" You have taken up my cause, O Lord, you have redeemed my life.

Lamentations 3:21-26, 57-58

This he has done so that we will know that He is the Lord. I called upon the Lord last night and He came near.

Sing David:
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord."

Piper said, "Our "pit time" is preparation for evangelism."

As you lament and wait on the Lord...

remember.